- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes (2 also oboe d'amore), English horn,
- E♭ clarinet, 2 clarinets (B♭), bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon
- sopranino saxophone (F), soprano saxophone (also tenor saxophone) (B♭)
4 horns (F), piccolo trumpet (D), 3 trumpets (C), 3 trombones, tuba
timpani (3), 2 snare drums, bass drum, cymbals, gong, celesta, harp, strings
- The E♭ clarinet part can be done by one of the clarinets, i.e. only 3 players are needed.
- Although not in the list at the front of the score, the last 6 bars of the work show a line for Gr.C. (Grosse Caisse, i.e. bass drum.)
- The saxophone parts are usually played by two saxophonists: the first playing the sopranino and soprano passages with a soprano saxophone and the second playing only the tenor saxophone.